Madeline Martin is my guest today! Her new Highland book, Possession of a Highlander, is the second in a series of three books.
1. What is your educational background? I went to Flagler College in St. Augustine, FL and majored in Business Administration with minors in Economics, Political Science and Accounting. For my day job, I run reports and work with SQL. Writing is my passion
2. Looking at your website, you seem to be very active. What are your goals for biking, running, etc? Aw, thank you I really just love to work out. I’m addicted to that post-workout rush. I guess, if anything, my goal would be for my daughters (AKA the minions) to see how much I enjoy working out and want to follow my example and get joy from being healthy and active as well.
3. Why have you decided to concentrate on Scottish Highlands romances? I started reading Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series when I was on maternity leave. Suddenly all those stories roiling around in my head took on a Scottish slant. So when I started really sitting down to write a full novel, that’s what came out.
4. How many books do you plan to write in this series? How are the books related? Do each of the books stand alone, or do they need to be read in sequence? There are three books in this series: Deception of a Highlander, Possession of a Highlander and Enchantment of a Highlander - the last one is the only one not available yet. They’re linked through the heroes, but very loosely so and can all be read as stand alone without issue.
5. When can we expect book 3, and what will it be about? Enchantment of a Highlander is Alec’s story (he’s my super alpha male and I LOVE this story so much) comes out January 19th. I’m including the Goodreads link if anyone wants to read the blurb and add it to their ‘Want to read’ list https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25905185-enchantment-of-a-highlander__
Back cover blurb:
Brianna Lindsay’s grip on the inheritance that is rightly hers hangs by a thread. If the town finds out her father has died, Brianna will be forced into marriage with her loathsome cousin, Lord Robert, and will lose all of Edzell Castle and its lands. To protect her home, she’ll have to trust a complete stranger, a brooding Highland barbarian who sweeps into Edzell with a small retinue and insists on replacing her Captain of the Guard. He proves his worth by defeating her men and she has no choice but to accept his offer.
Though his motives are suspect, Colin MacKinnon has nobility in his blood and good intentions in coming to Edzell. He seeks his own kingdom, one to rival his father’s, and sets out to conquer Brianna in the best way he knows how—with seduction.
Brianna never thought of all the wealth she protects, the one thing she has left completely vulnerable is her heart. Colin never thought that of everything he stands to achieve, he might have to face the unexpected pain of loss. Together, they must navigate a treacherous world of spies and intrigue, of legacy and fidelity, of love and betrayal, to find what is truly worth possessing.
Here’s an excerpt of Possession of a Highlander – it’s short and sweet, but I love it:
He caught her hand mid-swing.
Just one look.
She stopped, and her warm gaze rose to meet his.
Her face was flushed beneath fair skin, her lips pink.
Just one touch.
He brushed the curve of her cheek with his fingertips, down her jaw to the delicate line of her throat. She tilted her head back and her lashes fluttered closed.
Her lips were mere inches from his.
Just one kiss.
His heart slammed in his chest. His breath came fast.
He grasped the back of her neck and threaded his fingers through her silky hair. If he was going to allow himself only one kiss, he would relish it.
Buy link: http://www.madelinemartin.com/books/