Co-Author Diane Burton nominated me for the Liebster Award. It just means I have 11 questions to answer and then I have to nominate some other bloggers to answer 11 questions I pose. Here’s my “award.”
Here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
And here are the 11 questions and my answers:
1. Besides world peace, what is your greatest wish?
Justice. Or maybe mercy for the poor, the helpless.
2. Of all the characters you’ve written, who would you most like to be?
Mariette, from Fortune’s Foe. All my heroines are brave, but she is the only one who deliberately goes into enemy territory to rescue her brother, and thus puts herself in danger.
3. What is your favorite book from childhood?
Just ONE??? Hmmm. I have to give you a list. Half Magic, The Wonderful Flight to the Mushroom Planet, Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes, Farmer Boy.
4. If you could go anywhere in the world (all expenses paid), where would you go?
China. I’ve been to 26 countries but have never been to China. I would love to take a cruise up the Yangtze River.
5. If you could invite anyone (living or dead) to a dinner party, who would you invite?
Leonardo da Vinci.
6. What super power would you like to have?
I’ve often thought about this and I waver between having a healing touch or being fluent in any language I encounter.
7. What was your first car?
A 1951 MG. I loved that car!
8. Who is your favorite villain?
Mordred from Camelot. Really, any villain who has good motivation for being a villain and who has a “good” side!
9. What book do you wish you’d written?
The Harry Potter books.
10. What is your favorite food?
I love peanut butter fudge. But that’s a dessert, I guess, so I’ll say pinto beans and cornbread. Yep, my roots are in the South.
11. Favorite clothes?
I loved wearing saris in India. I prefer long dresses and skirts and wear them whenever I can. Maybe because I’m a historical romance novelist?
11 random facts about myself:
1. I love peanuts in just about any form. Peanut butter, peanut butter pie, fudge.
2. I live in an 1840′s log cabin.
3. I love to swim and always wished I had a pool outside my door.
4. I spin and weave.
5. I knit and tat.
6. I paint with watercolors and acrylics and oils.
7. We have two cats, Chopstix and 5.
8. I can’t stand to hurt any living creature.
9. I think spiders and snakes are wonderful, fascinating creatures.
10. I have taught English, history, Spanish, and cultural studies.
11. I love to bake bread and do so 2-3 times a week.
And now the 11 questions I am going to pose to fellow bloggers and writers:
1. Who or what most inspires you to write?
2. Are you a daisy or an orchid? In other words, do you prefer the outdoors or being inside?
3. Are you an introvert or extrovert? Which would you prefer to be?
4. Do you write with music playing or do you prefer silence when you write?
5. Do you have a particular time of day you prefer to write?
6. Do you have any pets? What are they?
7. What hobbies do you have?
8. Do you have a “day” job? What is it?
9. What is your favorite beverage?
10. What is your favorite animal?
11. Do you have a writers support group or critique group?
And here are the bloggers I am nominating if they choose to accept the challenge, er, award:
Julie Cerniglia Lence
Jennette Marie Powell