I have never liked winter. I don’t like being cold, I don’t like being shut in, iced in, snowed in for 1/3 of the year. But this winter is going on so long, I thought I
1. I can wear wool. I love wool and winter is the best season to wear it.
2. I seldom see a bug in the house.
3. Snow really is beautiful. I know it keeps me shut in and when it is finally all done snowing I know I will have to help Ron shovel our 400 foot driveway. But for some perverse reason, every time it starts to fall, I feel an excitement. And if it isn’t too awfully cold, I love to walk in it. The trees look so lovely, too, with branches that are no longer bare. Redbirds stand out and really grab my attention against the white.
4. I don’t feel so guilty turning on the TV in the evening because it is dark and cold outside. In the summer, I feel I need to be outside taking advantage of the beautiful weather.
5. I like soup, which is perfect on a cold, winter day.
6. I love to bake, and in the winter it warms up the house and makes it feel–and smell–so cozy.
7. It is wonderful to snuggle up to our wood-burning stove with the glass front and watch the fire.
8. Having a cat on your lap is a wonderful way to keep wonderfully warm in the evening. Or just seeing one sleeping by the fire is nice.
9. I have lots of time to work on my hobbies because I can’t go anyplace anyway.
10. This one is for YOU to add!
So what can you add to the list? What’s something you love–or at least don’t mind–about winter?