Here is a list from that same conference on why editors accept a manuscript!
1. Fresh, new, page turner.
2. Cute meet.
3. Characters three dimensional, larger than life hero, feisty, sassy heroine.
4. Well established, strong conflict.
5. Sensual–in dialog, character, sexual tension, love scenes.
6. Pacing–moving well, opened at the right point in the story, minimal narrative in shorter books, more dialog, action.
8. Romance elements there first and foremost.
9. Good writing.
10. The big picture–all the elements are there and in the right mix.